Great! Register as an Individual and you will be teamed with other Individuals with who you’ll have a chance to pitch your concepts to each other and then decide which one you’ll work on over the weekend.
Product pitch demo will start at 3 PM on Sunday 04.15.18, followed by the awards ceremony. The winning team will receive the following amazing price pack:
- $1,000 Cash Prize from Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development
- UDI Force1 Drone from Alpha BTC
- 1 VIP ticket to the Inside/Outside Innovation Summit
- A spot on the showcase floor at the IO Summit for the winning startup
- Startups on the floor could be picked for the investment pitch competition worth up to $75,000 in awards
- $5,000 value of co-working or space rental at FUSE Coworking
- $10,000 of Business Agility Services (Development & Strategy labor) from Don't Panic Labs
Not a problem! Come prepared to learn and you may come up with a concept on your own at the event or hear some problems to solve from our sponsors.
While it is a hackathon and you can absolutely bring your sleeping bag and pillow to lay out on the floors, our partner Hyatt Place has a "block" of rooms reserved at a special rate within close proximity to the event if you just mention Block-a-thon Midwest. You can find out more about what to do and where to dine in the Lincoln Haymarket here.
The event presenter, FUSE, is a shared workspace and will be providing the amenities including: space, wifi + connected internet, showers, private meeting rooms, and vending options, to name a few. As for accommodations, if camping out on the floor doesn’t sound appealing, checkout our partner hotel via the link above. Dinner will be provided on Friday, along with lunches each day of the competition. Snacks and refreshments will be offered throughout the weekend, as well.